Tuesday, 14 August 2007

Project 2 Progress


I have developed the scrolling background that I want to use as an environment. I have set it up much like the concept picture I made in Photoshop further back in the blog. I will also take this chance to introduce my new character that I have created for this project, purely because I wanted a new character. He is an elemental that brandishes a flaming sword, which you must use to hit clouds to create rain. While this is not part of the environmental experience as of yet, I want to incorporate it into the game if I ever progress further with it. In the flash the moon doesn't move at all, however the background mountains gradually move, and the foreground mountains move slightly faster, giving the impression that you, the elemental, are flying through the air at great speed.
I want the environment to be affected when the character moves down into the cloud cover, and appears under the clouds, where it will be a very different contrasting area, or even have a area that is within the clouds, then the final boss being under the clouds? I will update later with concepts of how the other two environments will look and feel, I hope they will be extremely contrasting to the original serene looking environment.

No comments: