Tuesday, 7 August 2007

Concepts for Project 2 and Project 3 Proposal

Had a little bit of fun designing concepts and decided to take inspiration from pictures of clouds, such as this one. and was wondering how to incorporate into the game. So I decided to add a sense of place and ground that Seventh Sky lacked, by using the clouds and mountains as a 'ground' in a sense. The background will be moving at different speeds to simulate rapid environmental movement.


I started thinking about what its like when you're above the clouds in an aeroplane, and on the rare occaision mountains penetrate through the clouds. This beautiful scene Is what I drew inspiration for my environment from. I am hoping it will prove successful in replicating the feel of freedom in Seventh Sky, yet give it a sense of place that I feel it lacked.

For Project 3, I want to create a fast paced game that gives the user the idea of weightlessness and agility. This will be by using a serene background, and the ability to move all over the plane, making you feel as though you are floating. I have not thought of the agility aspect so much as of yet but will be theorizing on how I can develop this further. My character will be either a robot mecha, or some other abstract form. The available weapons will be restricted to melee.

The main character would be an intricately fluid mecha robot, much like the ones in Seventh Sky. You would hold off against a number of flying enemies. The main idea of the game would be to use your melee attacks to defend yourself.

There will be a boss level which would involve you attacking certain parts of a flying mecha, although this is slightly cliche, I am trying to think of new and exciting ways in which to do this. For example, the sword you are using could be changed colour, and will only do damage to certain parts of the enemies that are the same colour as your sword. This would add a more strategic feel to the game, rather than just hack and slash.



No comments: